You don't have to search the maze of government websites or the unreliable web to find the new payroll rates and upcoming changes, including the reduction in the employment insurance waiting period and the changes to the Canada Pension Plan.
Get the guide used by employers and payers across the country to know the new payroll rates, complete year-end processes, and understand the government's new policies and legal requirements for 2017—starting at only $29.95!
The First Reference Employer's Guide to Canadian Payroll ensures you have everything you need to know for 2017, including specific guidance for all provinces and territories and the following new provincial measures:
As of January 1, British Columbia has eliminated the Medical Services Program premium for those under 19 and set the couple rate at twice the single adult rate.
Manitoba started indexing personal income tax brackets and personal amounts to the Consumer Price Index—and increased income tax rates—as of January 1.
In Newfoundland and Labrador, the Temporary Deficit Reduction Levy continues to apply for 2017 to residents whose annual taxable income exceeds $50,000.
- What employers' and payers' payroll obligations are
- What you must do first to meet payroll tax requirements
- How to manage the Canada Pension Plan enhancement
- How to pay wages, make deductions and remit properly
- What to do about provincial health taxes
- The why and how of benefits, pensions, allowances and other source deductions
- When to issue Records of Employment (ROEs)
- The payroll implications of terminations
- What records you need to keep
- And more!
What's inside the guide:
- Detailed overviews of the essential aspects of Canadian payroll
- Direct links to the Canada Revenue Agency and Revenu Québec forms and guides you need
- Easy-to-use charts outlining minimum wages, employment insurance rates, CPP/QPP contribution rates, automobile allowances, special payments and other payroll taxes, workers' compensation assessable earnings and premium rates, income tax rates and more
- The latest changes to payroll administration across Canada, when applicable
Print ISSN: 2292-7638 Online ISSN: 2292-7646
*This guide is currently up to date. If a new edition or update of this guide is published within 60 days of your purchase, the PDF version of the up-to-date guide will automatically be emailed to you. Print copies are available at an additional charge.