Your day-to-day operations and your company's future may depend on an accurate picture of where things are at. HRtrack is here to help you remove the hunches, guesswork and uncertainty regarding your employees. If you are already using the HRtrack software, here are some helpful hints and tips that will guide you. If you don't already have HRtrack, this is what you are missing.
Right now, someone within your company may be accessing confidential corporate information either dishonestly or by accident. The way you keep your employee data is directly related to whether the information is safe or not. A spreadsheet saved on a server may get compromised or a paper document may get lost or misplaced. Given that you often hold the key to valuable corporate and employee information, the risk of data breaches may present you with unique challenges. HRtrack keeps all the valuable information safe and secure, and the data can be, and should be, backed up on a regular basis to prevent any potential losses. For security purposes, the HRtrack backup process helps you create an encrypted zip archive to house the backup. Here's how...
1. Click the Backup button on the HRtrack Home page
2. Select a location for the zip archive and click OK. This can be a folder on your computer, another drive on your network, or other media (e.g., USB drive).
3. Type a password for the zip archive and click OK
4. Click OK to close the Backup Complete confirmation box
5. The backup file is named descriptively, and contains the date and time the backup was made.
HRtrack has one HR calendar for important employee dates such as
In addition, the HRtrack calendar keeps you up to date with essential HR information including public (statutory) and religious holidays, government filing dates, and HR-related events such as conferences and workshops.
Take a look how simple it is to find the information you need. And you can easily add whatever you need to know or be reminded about. The HRtrack calendar is a fly-out on the right-hand side of the screen. Simply mouse-over the HRtrack Calendar tab to make the calendar appear on your screen or the calendar can be pinned and resized to remain visible. If you would like to see how the calendar works live, download your copy of HRtrack for free.
1. Click the calendar tab to open the calendar
2. The calendar is comprised of three sections:
Keeping track of employee benefits can be a daunting task. There are so many benefits to consider, and each employee is different. Know what benefits each of your employees have with only a few clicks in HRtrack. HRtrack allows you to record everything from child care expenses, group benefits, RRSPs, stock options, to pensions, and more!
1. In an employee record, click on the Benefits tab to see all of your options. Remember, the compliance information you need to know is just a click away.
2. Choose a benefit from the dropdown list under the 'Add Benefit to Employee' section.
3. Choose the date that the benefit was granted.
4. Some benefits have different levels or designations. Use the comment field to add important information.
5. Once your changes are made, you'll see an asterisk by the benefits button. Be sure to click "Save employee record" to save your changes.
1. In an employee record, click on the Performance and Discipline tab to see all of your options. In the Performance and Disipline library, you can see all evaluations added to an employee's file.
2. To add an evaluation, select an evaluation type in the Evaluation Document Details section.
3. Add a document title and choose the Manager conducting the evaluation.
4. Next, choose a date that the evaluation was conducted, the evaluation period, and whether or not the employee agrees with the evaluation.
5. Click the "Create new evaluation from Template" link, choose a document type and select one of the choices that best fits the evaluation. Then click OK.
6. A Word document will open that you can add employee information to. Be sure to save this file before you exit Microsoft Word. Once you have edited and saved your Evaluation document, your document will appear in the list of evaluation documents with the current date.
7. To remove an evaluation, simply highlight the evaluation you'd like to remove, and click "Remove Evaluation" to the right of the Evaluation Documents section.
8. Once you have added all the evaluations you need, you'll see an asterisk by the Performance & Discipline button. Be sure to click "Save employee record" to save your changes.
Let HRtrack simplify the process and ensure that all of your training records are secure and easy to access! Let's use the new Ontario OHS awareness training to see how easy it is to add an employee training record:
The course will be added to the All Training Courses list and be available for all employees.
Orientation and Training Settings
Add the course/training item to HRtrack
Assign the course to an employee
Add the employee's training certificate
Want to make sure en entire department isn't empty because they are all taking vacation at the same time? Keep your company running like a well-oiled machine and save yourself the trouble of keeping your employee vacations straight! Take a look at how HRtrack does it:
1. On the home screen, select an employee from the list
2. Click 'Schedule vacation'
3. Review vacation period details
4. Click 'Schedule New Day' to enter new vacation details
Open HRtrack and click on Company Settings near the bottom left, then double-click on Absenteeism/Leave Entitlement and the graphic below will open.
Now that the leave has been added to HRtrack, you can assign it any employee as shown below. Open an employee record, click on the Absenteeism & Vacation tab and open the Absence Detail page.
The new leave will now appear in a report along with any other leave or absence for each employee. You can also create reports by department, by reason for absence and other more.
As you know, in HRtrack, vacation days are assigned to a vacation period, and vacation periods have a defined start and end date based on:
But what happens if an employee wants to schedule vacation days after the current period?
For example, assume your vacation periods are based on calendar year and end on December 31. In late December, an employee requests five days of vacation during March break. You can't create a new vacation period until the current period has ended, but these days can be scheduled in the "Future Period" on the Absenteeism & Vacation > Vacation screen.
Simply click on the Future Period item in the list and then adjust the calendar accordingly. Although the current vacation period for the employee ends on December 31, 2015, by selecting Future Period you're able to schedule vacation days in the appropriate month.
When the next vacation period is created (i.e., on January 1, 2016), any vacation days scheduled in the Future Period will automatically be transferred to the new current period and automatically subtracted from the number of vacation days the employee has available. So, in the example above, if the employee is allocated 10 vacation days per year, when the new current vacation period is created (from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016), the employee would have only five days remaining.
HRtrack offers over 40 reports to choose from. So, if Victor is not in the office today - again - HRtrack can show you what Victor has been up to. At least as far as his absenteeism goes… Here's how HRtrack does it:
1. Click 'Reports'
2. Choose the type of report you need
3. Choose the report you need
4. In the Report Viewer, filter by employee, date, etc., then click 'Generate Report'
5. See what Victor has been up to
You're recording employee information to keep on top of it all. You're being prudent, monitoring things like vacation time, absenteeism, benefits, allowances, positions and wages. You realize that you have recently heard about some new legislative requirements you need to take into account. Where are they? What are they?
HRtrack to the rescue! Not only does HRtrack allow you to keep track of your data neatly and easily, it also provides you with one-click access to compliance information. By jurisdiction!
1. In any section of HRtrack, look for the Compliance Information link
2. Clicking the compliance link will open a web page with relevant and up-to-date compliance information.