Use the guide to answer these essential
statutory holiday questions:
- What are statutory holidays in my jurisdiction?
- How do I calculate stat. holiday pay?
- Do stat. holidays count toward overtime?
- How does working part-time affect statutory holiday entitlements?
- Can you pay employees their regular wages for a public holiday, without doing the calculations described in this guide?
- Should employees be given premium pay or a substituted day for working on a statutory holiday?
- Who decides which day to substitute for a statutory holiday?
- When do weekly overtime rules apply in a week with a public holiday?
- Is the first Monday in August a statutory holiday or a civic holiday in my jurisdiction?
Look inside the guide
Click here to preview the contents of Statutory Holidays across Canada.
You'll find the latest legal requirements, best practices and tools you need
- How to calculate stat. holiday pay
- Exempt employees
- Overtime on a stat. holidays
- Pay for statutory holidays
- Record keeping
- Failure to comply
- How to implement an effective policy
- Payroll administration
- Sample statutory holiday policy
- Frequently asked questions
- Where to find more information
Print ISSN: 2292-7638 Online ISSN: 2292-7646
*This guide is currently up to date. If a new edition or update of this guide is published within 60 days of your purchase, the PDF version of the up-to-date guide will automatically be emailed to you. Print copies are available at an additional charge.